Skip to the content
- British Council connects you to UK education and English language learning with qualifications, courses, scholarships, and professional networks.
- Royal Society funds more than 1600 of the UK’s best scientists every year, helping them develop the skills and ideas that will improve the quality of our lives.
- Marie Curie (EU) Fellowships provide European placements for pre and post-doctoral researchers, usually up to the age of 35, and for experienced researchers.
- ACU the Association of Commonwealth Universities provides Scholarships and Fellowships
- EPSRC is the leading funding agency for research and training in engineering and the physical sciences in the UK.
- BBSRC is the UK’s leading funding agency for academic research and training in the non-clinical life sciences
- UK in India the British High Commission in India
- White Rose Doctoral Training Centre funds 4 year PhD studentships at the Life Science/Physical Sciences Interface
- Association of Medical research Charities details medical research funding from charitable sources in the UK
Collaborators and resources
- Polymer IRC brings skills and resources in macromolecular science and technology from leading academic institutions together into the largest polymer research group in the UK and second largest in Europe.
- Polymer Centre The Polymer Centre draws staff with an interest in polymers – their synthesis, properties, analysis and applications – from a number of schools and departments at the University of Sheffield.
- CBTE: the Centre for Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering is a multi-disciplinary research group developing tissues and materials engineered to integrate with the patient’s own body.
- FaraPack Polymers provides industry with an interface to the second largest polymer research network in Europe, work is focused on short-term commercialisation of the latest materials technology.
- RSC: the Royal Society of Chemistry is the largest organisation in Europe for advancing the chemical sciences.
- BITE CIC: Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering Centre of Industrial Collaboration Ltd was established to manage collaboration between industry, universities and expert clinicians
- UK Society of Biomaterials the UKs main learned society in Biomaterials
- ESB the Eurpean society of Biomaterials
- The Society of Biomaterials The American Society of Biomaterials
- ASB The Autralian Society of Biomaterials